8.23.2013

34/52

If you're paying close attention there are two unaccounted weeks missing.  Those two weeks spent wandering through airports, sleeping on trains, questionable hostels, and by and large having the time of my life have yet to be documented other than my scribbled notes in my moleskine.  I was in such a chill, relaxed state of being, I don't feel a rush to dig deeper than the level I was operating on.  It was nice to let the cares of home sink to the shadowy depths, meanwhile I found myself skimming along the surface feeling completely content not having any pressing needs that weren't being met by my supply of nuts, dried fruit and rice cakes and the ever changing views around me. {We ate other things, but I did feel a bit like a squirrel for my choice in travel snacks.}

Long gone are the days of fearing that if I don't blog about it then it must not have happened.  I don't remember why I bought into that way of thinking.  But I'm not discounting it or making excuses for it either.  It served a purpose then, just as this new way of approaching what I capture here is serving me well now.

I've been sitting here quietly thinking about what I'd like to say today if I wanted to say anything at all.  And really the only things that come to mind are the things I'm grateful for.  The most simple, basic, mystical things.  The way God speaks to my heart.  My health.  My simple corner of this expansive planet.  Sharing my heart with by far the most amazing human I've ever had the pleasure to know.  The almost imperceptible shift toward autumn, aka my very most favorite season.  The electric feeling of a new beginning.  For poetry that makes me laugh through the happiest of tears. 
In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the blog if only for my nosey satisfaction. Your life is so much more exciting than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sôoooooooooooooooooooo glad you blogged. I've been worried about you! Glad to hear the weeks were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was your journal found? Or is this a new one??

    ReplyDelete
  4. great memory Becky, this is a new one. I think the old one is wedged between the seat and the window in a plane somewhere {where my books always fall}.

    ReplyDelete