10.29.2010

29 on the 29th

 Earlier this week I wrote down 29 things I was grateful about this past year.  Celebrating life and summing up a year is pretty fun to do.  I don't know if birthdays mean extra introspection for any of you, but I can usually depend on an extra helping of contemplation about this time of year.  I'm happy to be alive and it felt good to check off a few things off my list this year making 28 a pretty solid year.  
I won't list all 29 things here {I'll leave out the simple but wonderful things like my new found love for sprinkling white cheddar topping on my popcorn} but a few other highlights:

Graduating.
 My relationship with my Grandparents.
Spending time with my whole family this fall in one of my favorite places.
Moving to my own little place.
Welcoming a little gray furball {who is curled up on my lap and holding my left arm hostage making typing a little awkward}into my life.
Work that challenges me.
A great neighborhood full of new friends.
Health.
...
...

Thanks to you my blogging friends and family, you were counted among the 29 great things because you are truly a highlight in my life too.

Here's to another great year!

8 comments:

  1. jenna! this is your golden birthday!!! happy birthday, my friend. One of the best things in life is gratitude--so i loved your "grateful" list and sure would love to see all 29 since white cheddar on popcorn sounds amazing to me!:) Happy Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still remember that telephone call on a sunny morning 29 years ago announcing the arrival of one incredible, silver-eyed, girly. And everyday since has been full of love.
    Happy Birthday to Jenna Marie,
    Happy Birthday to Jenna Marie,
    Happy Birthday Happy Birthday.
    Happy Birthday to Jenna Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Beautiful, Jenna. Only the best wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy happy happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very introspective...philosophy was never one of my strong points. Unless you count, "I eat chocolate, therefore, I am."

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNA! I hope you have been having a great day today! And I love, by the way, the self-portrait of you in the motorcycle mirror. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to our beautiful-in-every-way daughter. How blessed we are that you came into our lives. You have truly become a kind, generous, gracious and thoughtful woman who is a joy to be with. Have a wonderful new year. Mom&Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you lots and lots of specially good experiences in the coming year and a few games of rumicube. Lots of love to a very special grandaughter. GF

    ReplyDelete