7.07.2010

loving lately: fresh summer stuff

There was a time when I thought I needed a lot more things than I actually do.  
I can't stand standing in front of the mirror or burrowing through my closet 'pulling it' together for the day.  I want to be doing other things, not getting ready to do those things.  

I've happily pared down on products and now stick to the essentials I love.  These are at the top of my {short} list.

1. Pure Grace by Philosophy.  It is a clean, simple, fresh smell.  I've used the shower stuff by these guys and love the fresh clean scent so I really wasn't surprised when I fell in love with my tiny sample tube of this stuff.  

2. Miz Mooz - I have a closet {and a maybe a box or two} stuffed with shoes I hardly ever wear anymore because I prefer comfort over beauty any day.  I'll whip out my pretty heels on sundays or an occasional evening when I know I won't be on my feet much but when it comes to the every day?  Give me a pair of pretty flats over anything else.  Miz Mooz has been one of those standby brands that never hurt even on the longest day.  

3. CO Bigelow Ultra Lipshine - for the girl who can't seem to keep lip gloss on for more than a minute.  I know I have a bad habit of biting my lip, {but, sheesh!} any other lip gloss practically evaporates on contact. This is not at at all sticky and lasts longer than any other lip gloss I've tried.  There are worse things to crave in a pinch.  I have about 5 tubes of this stuff that orbit around my person {in my bag, around the apt, in my car, at work..} and seem to pop up just when I need it most.

long live perfect summer days

3 comments:

  1. Good to know about the lipshine. I'll have to look for it because my lips need all the beautifying they can get. Tthanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can never have too many pretty and comfy shoes.

    ReplyDelete