7.09.2010

let's compare: healthy no bake cookie recipes

I forgot to eat dinner last night. I was bouncing around the house from this to that when I felt a little weird around 10 pm.  Famished?

Enter my new favorite treat: No Bake Cookies.  Fast, simple and pretty healthy.  I've tried a few recipes but haven't loved any of them enough to try again {except one, and it had mounds of sugar so of course it was yummy.}

This recipe I tried last night takes the cookie.  {See it here.} Next batch I think I'll add more things to it like golden raisins, maybe some sunflower seeds?  I'm thinking these could become a great substitute to my expensive Cliff Bars that ride around in my car with me like little stashes of energy.

And no, I didn't just eat cookies for dinner... I had popcorn and a mango too.

Do you guys have any suggestions for me on what to add to my evolving recipe?  I'll try anything, peanut butter being the only thing I really require from the mix.

5 comments:

  1. Yummy and simple are the two most important considerations. And with the hot summer you don't want to be turning on any heating device. Sounds like you have a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they do look good! that would have been alot better for me then the peanut butter M&M's I consumed for lunch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least you're getting some protein!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craisins sound good! I ate way too many white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies yesterday that I purposely skipped dinner! YIKES!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh jenna! making these used to be my favorite thing to do on a sunday night--takes me back. i eat cookies for dinner all the time, no shame in that--but good for you for adding a grain and fruit :) i like to use old fashioned oats instead of instant--try it!

    ReplyDelete