4.05.2013

14/52

What a mixed bag this week has been.

Easter Sunday was my last official Sunday in a ward I've been in for three years.  And while I really try to embrace change, this one has been one full of bittersweet emotion.  As I was soaking in my last day with the kind of ferocity you do when you're nearing an inevitable end, I realized what I was experiencing was something similar to homesickness.  Cut the dramatics!!  I'll still be in the same building in a family ward and I'll still see my friends, for goodness sake.  But that didn't make reconciling the fact I know it's time to move on with the loss of feeling of belonging somewhere.  Along with too many valuable lessons and memories to recount and it was making it impossible to fight the tears that would not stop falling.

This signifies a change I've been anticipating for a long time now and it feels good to have it here and done.  No more waiting for it.

Though waiting and I are becoming more comfortable with each other.  It allows a lot of growth and opportunities I would glaze right over given the chance to have things my way.  Yes, I get it now!  Waiting has it's place.

But so does taking action.  The contrast between taking action and waiting patiently is part of the mix in the bag I spoke of at the beginning of this entry.  I've been doing a bit of both and it's been fun navigating through it all.

On the highlight list this week:
Another couple bike rides and I can already tell this season is going to be even better than the last.

Grandma Awesome's humor.  She is one funny lady.  I love her sneaky wit and how her jokes catch me off guard so that I get to laugh the kind of laugh that feels like a breath of fresh air.

Sending the monster canvas to it's new home.  Commissioned art projects are so fun, even more so when I'm forced outside my normal style to try something new.  A 4' x 6' colorful spray painted scribbled mess is definitely outside my usual comfort zone.

Lots and lots of walking and fun, unexpected adventures.  Like stumbling into a ping pong match with my friend Jess on our walk last night.

Or the Holi Krishna Color Festival last Saturday.  Now that was a really good time. 
Miracles occur when circumstances from a mortal perspective seem impossible.
Judd Turner

5 comments:

  1. Your shoes look like my shoes! We must be related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come you look smashing even when you are a mess?! It's just not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnificent goods from you, man. I have bear in mind your stuff
    prior to and you are just too wonderful. I really like what
    you've bought here, certainly like what you're saying and the way wherein you
    say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart.

    I cant wait to read far more from you. That is actually a wonderful website.


    Check out my web blog: display your baseball bat collection

    ReplyDelete