12.31.2011

last bits of 2011

Millcreek Canyon - The Pipeline Trail

 No snow to speak of around here and I can't say I mind all that much.  I've gone for a lot of bike rides this week, and thinking about another one today.  Something I couldn't do if it went all winter wonder land on me.

Are you setting goals for the new year?  What will 2012 bring design sparrow?  I've been thinking about that a lot and I'm going to try something new in my last ditch attempt to love blogging again.  Maybe the blog and I are in our 5 year slump?  {Is that a real thing??}  When I first started blogging I was always excited and full of fun stories to share about my adventures while traveling, dating and living life in general.  Then I decided to blog for seriously and that has never really fit right in my heart of hearts.  I've always liked the idea of a 'dear void' blog where I send out questions to the cosmic void, you know the movie:

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void. 

Soooo... a new format to look forward to and a goal to make it legit. We'll see how it goes!

More to come on this in 2012, for now some last bits of 2011.
 yes, I know we're fuzzy, but this is just for my folks when they ask, 'why don't you post photos of yourself anymore?' 
 The sunset from the Oquirrh Temple last night.  Gorgeous night!


"What is to give light, must endure burning." Viktor Frankl

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely great quote with which to end the year. Looks like your hair is getting quite long. You look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you put up a photo of you. :)

    ReplyDelete