9.26.2010

but it IS me, I promise

did you wonder where my blog disappeared to this past week? I got locked out of my account because I couldn't prove that I was the real me. {If I'm not me, then who is?} 
There was a moment or two I thought I might be blogless forever, but I'm back.
To prove it really is me, more pictures of food.
Ben took us to his favorite tofu soup place in the mountains near their home.
One word: Fantastic.
Afterword, he took me on a ride on his Harley.  I really love motorcycle rides, especially here.  Traffic laws are merely suggestions so there is an extra dose of adrenaline, I get to smell all the really great smells of this crazy haphazard country. {and I mean that in the highest form of praise calling this place crazy.  Because it is.}  Vibrant cooking, complicated street smells, and I might be wrong about this one, but I think there is a distinct smell that comes off rice paddies.  We rode through apple orchards where the fruit was ready to be picked making the air especially sweet.
Happy to be back blogging although I did have a passing thought about what it would be like to not have mid moment thoughts about blogging about the moment.  It can be distracting but it does make me appreciate my life more when I think about living it in a way to have anything worth sharing.

I still have a few days left here in my home away from home.  Korea is just so...Korea.  I love it.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are back! I was going through withdrawals!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very worried about your blog and I am glad to see you are back. I love your description of your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum- tofu and I are becoming great friends!!!! Oh, and the bike ride, I can smell the gas. You lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you go, O wandering woman? You just like to get our attention, don't you.
    As usual, your photos are fabulous and you show such an artistic eye. Keep up the good work, or at least just keep up the work. No more blog-outs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the orange shoe photo jenna! and yes, your sure sign: food pics :) love them too!

    ReplyDelete