8.02.2010

to market to market

I'm wearing my comfiest shoes ready to take on 5 million square feet stuffed with goods.  OK, so not every showroom is accessible to tiny stores like us, but you get the picture: market is HUGE.  And there is one more building since the last time I was there 3 years ago.

In the past when I've been to market I was buying for a different look completely from the one I'm hoping to find this week.  Working for very traditional stores has made it easy to spot that particular style and know what will sell.  Breaking away from that look will be a breath of fresh air for me and I'm very excited to bring a new look to Noble House.  I'm crossing my fingers that the types of things I've been dreaming about can be found at the Las Vegas World Market.

I really do love market.  It's not a relaxing day at the shops where buying is leisurely.  There is a much higher level of energy, and method to the madness.  Buying for invisible customers is brain bending at times.  "I love it, but will everyone else?!"  Seeing reps from lines we carry is fun and then there is the crazy entertainment wandering the halls {we're in Vegas after all} and the pretty decent free food piled up all over the place.

But my very favorite thing about Vegas?  Leaving it!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, the trip home was for business. Sounds fun and truly energizing for a creative genius like you. Hope Noble House is ready for "outside the envelope".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with JMR.

    ReplyDelete