7.22.2011

inspired by: new neighbors

Earlier this week I went over to my new neighbors house and even though they just moved in I can tell these girls are loaded with some seriously awesome style.  I love what they've already done with the home already and as they talked about their plans I could see it all coming together beautifully.  

The main room off the kitchen is painted this really great blue that could be daunting to just about anyone moving into a new place.  It is an unexpected bold color in a historically preserved home that was originally built for less than $3,000.

I love the art they chose {a thrift store score} and the distressed wood/glass cocktail table you can't see in my bad phone photo below.

My habit of finishing the room in my head kicked in as I looked at the photo this morning I decided I'd add a zebra rug, some honey toned leather chairs that would work with the original hardwood floors, a few pillows with loads of texture and a few little details to add the shimmer and funk that I think every room should have.  And to make the fireplace glow I'd pile in as many glass votive candles of varying sizes as possible.
{everything from West Elm}

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love the owl lamp. I have a ram's head lamp in my bedroom now. When my oldest son spotted it he asked, "What were you thinking?"

    ReplyDelete