6.10.2011

SLC Summer 2011 - The summer of {mostly} free fun

A peony this large fresh my garden this morning can mean only one thing: 
Summer is officially here!!
And while this is my kind of summer afternoon weather {Wednesday's storm}, I'm looking forward to all kinds of sunny summer good times right here in my neighborhood.

Outdoor fun {most within walking/biking distance} going on the next few months:

MOVIES

Friday Nights Movies Under the Stars - State Capital
Gallivan Center Monday Night Movies {All four Indiana Jones Movies this summer}
Friday Night Flicks - {rotates from park to park in the SLC area}

ART

Utah Art Fest - June 23rd - 26th {Ride your bike & buy your ticket in advance for discounts}
Free & year round - Third Friday Gallery Stroll

CONCERTS

Twilight Series Free at Pioneer Park - Thursdays at 5 {Excited especially She and Him in August!!}
Brigham Young Historical Park Concert Series



Avenues Street Fair


Visit Downtown Alliance or SLC Arts Counsel for more fun.

This is just the beginning!  I won't even start listing the rodeos, parades, and out of town Strawberry/Peach/ etc Days.  I'll add to the list as things come up and if you know of anything local going on be sure to let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I wish we had more to do. For now I will stick with the pool and swim meets. Have a wonderful start to the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love free fun, especially in the summer! there was a ton of this sort of thing in san francisco, only it was freezing cold all summer long. i'm hoping to find more free fun in LA where we can enjoy it without tons of layers. if only slc was closer... :)

    ReplyDelete